Meeting directives, such as ELV REACh and RoHS continues to be essential requirements. QPS delivers on all of these needs. QPS complies with the conditions set forth in the ISO 9001: 2015.
QPS helps automotive engineers to specify the right products in a sustainable world. The steady evolution of the program has enabled many global OEM’s to specify ever-higher performance standards and represents:
- Approved applicators: Applying these products to a common audited standard ensures the same coating performance throughout the applicator base.
- High performance: Exceeding the high demands for corrosion resistance and exceptionally consistent torque and tension characteristics.
- Global consistency: Wherever ZinKlad, DecoKlad or XMAPP standards are applied, applicators know they are using the same high-performance products.
What do we do?Image
We supply and develop QPS standards that meet and exceed OEM specifications. We validate applicators processes by conducting audits, carrying out inspections and testing the production output to make sure they meet pre-defined QPS standards and agreed technical requirements.
We monitor and report results on a global scale to be able to service and continuously improve performance.
Why do we do what we do?
We believe that we are able to assure a global consistent performance at a local level meeting the global OEM requirements with a select number of world class applicators.
How do we do what we do?
ESI Automotive has developed a unique Quality Performance System called QPS that tackles the challenges for high-performance automotive coatings. OEM’s can be confident that the same coatings and consistent performance are available worldwide.
Our Assembly division enables electronic advances through enhanced joining materials
Under our MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions business, the Alpha and Kester brands provide solder pastes for printing, dispensing and jetting, preforms, wave solder fluxes, solder bar and solder wire. Our ALPHA™ HiTech underfills and cornerfills provide high reliability to extend the life of the PCB under harsh conditions. Automotive electronics are increasingly required to withstand harsh environments, with extremes of temperature and vibration.
- Many systems are required to function reliably in operating temperatures in excess of 125C, close to the powertrain for many thousands of operating cycles, which is beyond the capabilities of standard SAC alloys
- Miniaturization creates challenges in electrical functionality – smaller spacings require better electro-chemical reliability
- Active safety devices require a step change in reliability compared to other market sectors – for example, while the camera in a cell phone is only in use when you take a picture or video, the vision system in a car is working all the time the vehicle is switched on
We address these needs with innovative PCB fabrication chemistries and processes, assembly flux chemistries which withstand the toughest automotive dewing tests and with the high-reliability Innolot solder alloy.